PROFESSIONAL FEE PROTECTION LIMITED (”We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Professional Fee Protection Limited, PFP House, 5 Sylvan Court, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6TH.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.pfponline.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when (amongst other things) you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, negotiate or discuss our products and services with us over the telephone and when you report a problem with our site.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Anonymous technical information gathered by ourselves, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Anonymous technical information gathered by Google Analytics. The exact nature of this often changes, so please refer to the Google Analytics support site for details;
- Identifiable information includes your email address if you sign up for our newsletter, and any phone number or email address used to contact us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and are relevant to your business;
- to provide you with information we feel may interest your business.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Professional Fee Protection Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Info@pfp.uk.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be used by our mailing software, Active Campaign which provides us with email marketing services.
Your email address will remain within our mailing database for as long as we continue to undertake email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
You will receive periodic newsletter-style emails and invitations to events, both online and off-line from us.